1) Sum up what kind of person you are in 5 words.
People-centered, Optimistic, Creative, Committed and Ginger
2) Which aspect of the church are you responsible to steer?
I’m associate pastor, and at the moment I coordinate the young adults
3) What are you passionate to see happen in this part of our church life?
I’ve changed job so I have more time to invest in church and community, and I’m passionate that we see God’s love freeing more people here to live to the full. I want our church to really make a difference in our area, and to be a hub in our community. My role in the community sees me at toddler groups, breakfast clubs and planning larger community events.
I also make sure our young adults get together to support, encourage and have fun. We usually do this with Sunday lunch every 2 weeks, as well as socials, weekends away and smaller prayer groups. My role is to ensure everyone is included and growing in faith
4) Which 5 words sum up the kind of church you want to see here in the Royal Docks?
Faith, Community, Honesty, Compassion, Boldness
5) What’s your ‘real job’? What do you do in the working week?
I’m a part time secondary school Maths teacher. I work at Oasis Academy Silvertown, which is in the Royal Docks. It’s a small, new school so it’s great to be part of shaping it!
The rest of my week I work for West Silvertown Foundation as a Community Developer. WSF is a local charity which manages Britannia Village Hall, and I plan and run many of their community groups.
6) What’s the best thing about life in the Royal Docks?
Walking around Britannia Village and seeing people you know (it reminds me of actual village life!)
Going up on the footbridge on a really hot, stuffy day, putting your arms in the air and feeling the breeze